The 5 Private/Family Onsen Baths in Miyazaki
In recent years, private/family baths have been getting popular in Japan. Many people want to take a bath privately without being seen or disturbed by others, or only with the family or friends. And those onsens are getting popular among foreign tourists as well. This article features onsens in Miyazaki which offer private/family onsen bath. Of course, all the onsens listed here are genuine ones!
1. Megumi no yu "Kannogo Onsen"
The first one is Kannogo Onsen which is located at Kobayashi. This onsen has a huge hot spring source from which 2.2 tons of water gushes per minute. You can privately enjoy bathing at fresh hot spring water containing a rich amount of minerals. Also, there is a private/family bath with an open-air bath as well.
Megumi no yu "Kannogo Onsen"
- Address: 5273-19 Hosono, Kobayashi, Miyazaki
- Tel: 0984-23-2006
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 - 22:00
- Closing Days: Not specified (three days a year)
- Price (Private/Family Bath): JPY 1500/h ~
2. Kyomachi Onsen "Sanroku Onsen"
The second one is Sanroku Onsen which is located at Ebino. The Kyomachi Onsen area is famous for moor hot springs (hot springs containing botanical ingredients), and Sanroku Onsen is one of them. The bathtub is filled with hot water which is slightly brown-coloured. If you like moor hot springs, Sanroku Onsen gives you a chance to soaking in it privately.
- Address: 583-1 Mukae, Ebino, Miyazaki
- Tel: 0984-37-0237
- Opening Hours: Daily 07:00 - 20:00
- Price (Private/Family Bath): JPY 700/h ~
3. Kyomachi Onsen "Fukiagé Onsen"
The third one is Fukiagé Onsen which is located at Ebino as well. Even though it is located in the Kyomachi Onsen area, this onsen is not a moor hot spring, but a simple thermal spring which is clear and has no colour. Fukiagé Onsen has 10 private/family bathrooms and is very popular among the locals, especially local families.
- Address: 427-2 Okamatsu, Ebino, Miyazaki
- Tel: 0984-37-0791
- Opening Hours: 08:30 - 20:30
- Closing Days: Every first and third Wednesday
- Price (Private/Family Bath): JPY 600 for 50 min
4. Nango Onsen "Yamagiri"
The fourth one is Yamagiri which is located at Misato. The pH value of this hot spring is 8.7, which means this water is alkaline. And, actually, I’m sure you will notice its silky touch as soon as you get in the bath. People say soaking in Yamagiri can make the skin smooth. Visit Yamagiri to experience so-called Bijin no yu (bath for beauty) in Japan.
- Address: 151-1 Nangōmikado, Misato-chō, Higashiusuki-gun, Miyazaki
- Tel: 0982-59-0100
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 20:00
- Closing Days: Thursday
- Price (Private/Family Bath): JPY 1000/h
5. Shiratori Onsen "Shitayu"
The last one is Shiratori Onsen “Shitayu” which is located at Ebino. There are “Ueyu” and “Shitayu” in Shiratori Onsen. In “Ueyu”, you can enjoy an open-air bath with the panoramic view of the city or a steam bath. In “Shitayu”, you can enjoy a big public bath, an open-air bath with Japanese garden, or a private/family bath. Please be noted there are only 2 private baths, so we recommend you to confirm in advance.
Shiratori Onsen "Shitayu"
- Address: 1470 Suenaga, Ebino, Miyazaki
- Tel: 0984-33-1104
- Opening Hours: 07:00 - 20:00
- Closing Days: Every first Tuesday
- Price (Private/Family Bath): JPY 1500/h
There are a lot of genuine onsens in Miyazaki. When you go to Miyazaki, please visit other onsens as well.